Parish Nurse & Deacon
Sue Arens, R.N, M.A., Deacon
- Health-related activities
- Home visits and hospital visits
- Word and Service Deacon applications: worship organizers for lay Sundays and copyright guru
- Coordinate Prayer and Healing Ministries
- Synod Obligations
Learn more about our Parish Nurse Ministries
Sue has been with MCLC since 2006. She graduated from Luther Northwestern Seminary in 1992, and was commissioned as an Associate in Ministry (now called Deacons) that same year. She strongly believes that health and spirituality are intricately woven together, and that true healing occurs when the entire person – body, mind, and spirit – is tended to. Sue and her husband Dick are parents of an adult daughter, and grandparents of the world’s cutest twins! She is an avid knitter, who enjoys “making string pretty!”
- Managing activities and use of the Community Healing Hub and Sensory Library.
- Coordinate programming for the community
- Nurture, equip, and support community members and connections in the community
- Website content and marketing
Kaye recently joined the staff at MCLC to nurture the mission of engaging in hope, healing and wholeness by supporting the Community Healing Hub and Sensory Library. She is a current student at Luther Seminary seeking an M.A. in Christian Ministry. What she loves most about MCLC is that it has a feel of a small town church in an urban area where the Gospel of Jesus is preached with love and conviction. Kaye loves to sing and enjoys exploring ways of creating in community settings.