Parish Nurse & Deacon
Sue Arens, R.N, M.A., Deacon
- Health-related activities
- Home visits and hospital visits
- Word and Service Deacon applications: worship organizers for lay Sundays and copyright guru
- Coordinate Prayer and Healing Ministries
- Synod Obligations
Learn more about our Parish Nurse Ministries
Sue has been with MCLC since 2006. She graduated from Luther Northwestern Seminary in 1992, and was commissioned as an Associate in Ministry (now called Deacons) that same year. She strongly believes that health and spirituality are intricately woven together, and that true healing occurs when the entire person – body, mind, and spirit – is tended to. Sue and her husband Dick are parents of an adult daughter, and grandparents of the world’s cutest twins! She is an avid knitter, who enjoys “making string pretty!”
Minister of Word and Service
Kaye Mills, M.A.
- Advocate for risk-taking and innovative service on the frontiers of the church’s outreach
- Develop and nurture relationships in the community
- Participate in public advocacy
- Discern, equip, and activate the baptized to serve in areas of ministry where God is calling
Kaye is a graduate of Luther Seminary receiving an M.A. in Christian Ministry and is approved for the Word and Service Roster in the ELCA through the Minneapolis Area Synod, and is awaiting a call (hopefully at MCLC). She is a candidate in the Deaconess Community of the ELCA. What she loves most about MCLC is that it has a feel of a small town church in an urban area where the Gospel of Jesus is preached with love and conviction. Kaye loves to sing, indulges in pop culture TV, and enjoys exploring ways of creating in community settings.